Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Mayan

Tonight I went to a work dinner at the Mayan, which is a Mexican restaurant that features a huge waterfall and pool in the middle, and every half hour people dive off into the pool for entertainment. It's a lot of fun. Tonight, however, I was reminded of a funny story . . .

I was eating my dinner when one of the divers from the restaurant came up behind us and started messing with my coworker. You know, putting pepper on her arm and pretending she was going to eat it, only grunting instead of talking, she was playing the part of a "jungle native" I guess. This started some of my coworkers on a trip down memory lane of the last time an entertainer startled me.

We were in Vegas for a work retreat and they took us to the Cirqu du Soliel show, Kaa. The show hadn't even started and there were people zooming across the theater above us on zip lines. To get us all into the setting of an Amazonian jungle, they had actors running around in loincloths, body paint, and spears. I turned to talk to a coworker, and one of these actors came up from behind me, perched on the arm of the chair, leaned forward, and grunted right in my ear. Without thinking I screamed and swung around and flailed my arm- he got smacked off the chair, and fell into the aisle and just looked at me with a dazed look on his face. The people around me were laughing uproariously, but all I could do was go beet red. Oh geez. The actor winked at me as he was getting up, but he sure as heck didn't mess with me any more!

Maybe I should have smacked the girl at the Mayan. Would make for a funny story. :)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That's my favorite story!!!!