Saturday, September 5, 2009

Tribute to Curt Dawg

Today is Curt's berfday. And I wanted to write down some of my favorite memories of him from over the years.

1. Last Thanksgiving Curt decided to do some impromptu choreography to Trinity's constant playing of Jingle Bells on the player piano at Grammy's house. It. Was. Hilarious. I have not laughed that hard for a very long time! Check out this to see what I mean:


2. Curt used to have this weird need to mark his territory. If you went in his room, you would see Curt's name on everything. Folders, pencils, books, the carpet, carved into the desk, the dresser, etc. I can remember watching him trying to get his name that he had written in green marker out of the carpet before Mom saw it. Oh beautiful.

3. Curt and I only had one year of high school together, but I can remember being so happy to see him in the halls. He would still say hello to me, even though I was his annoying older sister!

4. Curt dancing around Kyle and Ashley's kitchen with his brand new nephew, Braden. He and Cole decided that Braden needed to start working on his dance moves at an early age.

5. Curt & Cole are the best of buds. They didn't do anything without the other during the years they were in high school together. AT ALL! Inseparable. And they fed off each other too when it came to humor. It made for some incredible family dinners and get-togethers.

6. Curt and I used to grab hot chocolate a lot of mornings before seminary. We would stop at the gas station and load up our refillable plastic mugs that we bought. It was great!

7. Curt used to get bored while waiting for nap time to be over. So he got creative and started going out on the roof to play around. Too bad Maxine Bell was a good neighbor and let Mom know.

There are too many to mention, but Curt, I hope you know how much I love you! You are fantastic and I am very privileged to be related to such a great person.

No comments: