Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Steak & Salmon BBQ At Branbury!

Tonight was the Steak & Salmon BBQ that Branbury holds annually. I have been planning this event for weeks, and it finally came to fruition! We had a huge grill for the steak, and a smoker for the salmon. Surprisingly, the salmon went first! 200 lbs of steak, and 80 lbs. of salmon. Can you believe it?! That is two peoples' weight in meat.

The inflatable toys were great, only one injury to report! A girl was hit in the nose while she was racing against her friend on the bungee run, and it became really swollen. There was a little bit of blood, but I was pretty sure she hadn't broken it. Thankfully my friend Rachel was there- the poor girl that was hurt was deaf, and so it was hard to communicate. Rachel knows sign language and was able to help me talk to the girl. THANKS RACH!
So I took a break from serving food and went to see how the games were going. I was challenged by a few people on the bungee run, so I gave it a go. The best part of the run is that you get thrown backward after you place your beanbag. It really is fun getting tossed backward! It does get exhausting though, and is pretty tough on your body. My abs are so sore!

Here are a few pics of me running the bungee run. I rocked the guy in the run, but then Aimmie took me out! We ran the game a few times and it just wore me out! I was too tired to do the joust or the sumo suits, but I had a ton of fun watching people play. It seemed to be a huge success! I was there for an incredibly long day, but it was worth it to see so many people having fun and smiling. It just reminded me why I do my job the way I do. Making the residents happy makes me happy. Now I just have to get started on the October activities!

No comments: