Sunday, September 27, 2009

WHAT A DAY!

This has to be one of the busiest and craziest days I have had in a while. Got ready for church and found out that I would be going to a different Sunday School than normal. I learned how to index names in a church database, and started doing that. After the class, the counselor of the bishopric that was there asked us to put down our names for being in the class, and I thought nothing of it . . . until he announced that as my calling in Sacrament! All the people who had written down their names were apparently called as indexers. Wow. Jessie and I looked at each other and were pretty surprised. At least I know it will be fun!

After church was choir practice, which was pretty fun. There were a lot of people there this week, so it didn't seem like Jess and I were singing solos. :) Right after choir I jetted to Anne's so I could give her a birthday gift. We chatted for a while, then went to the Break the Fast for my old ward and said hello to a lot of my friends who are still there.

BUT WAIT!!! It's not over!

I said goodbye to Anne and the crew, and headed over to our new RS president's house for dinner. It was a great pasta and salad combo. We tried to make ice cream with this new gadget she had, but it didn't really turn out. So we shipped it up and had some great Grecian desserts with it! Right after that we had our new home teachers come over for a visit to get to know us, and it turns out that they both had lived in past wards of mine- SMALL world!

Right after their visit it was time for ward prayer. And after that came Jessie and my weekly walk around the neighborhood. Only this time we were joined by one of our new friends, Bryan. He wanted to show us his house, so we headed over there and just chatted for awhile.
WHEW! It makes me tired just looking at this post. I'm going to bed. :)

No comments: