Saturday, September 26, 2009

Tailgating & RS broadcast

Today was pretty busy- Jess and I had a ward activity where they brought in barbecued beef from a local restaurant, and then played volleyball and bocci ball. It was great because we started to really meet a lot more people in our ward. Because our ward is so huge, its kind of hard to get to know people. Jessie has been saying that we need to go to smaller activities so people aren't just thrown together, and it is easier to get to know more about them. I really felt like I got to know a few people so it was great! And it's never a bad thing to eat some good food!

We watched part of the BYU game, and were assured by halftime that BYU was going to be fine, so we got ready to go to campus to watch the Relief Society broadcast. After a quick room change, we settled in to learn some awesome lessons. I was especially touched by Sister Thompson's remarks about how life did not go as she planned. I often feel really frustrated that things never go the way I plan. It just taught me to have a little more patience.

Our stake had a brownie bar set up in one of the rooms of the Wilk, so Jess and I had a great time gorging ourselves on mint brownies with fudge and vanilla ice cream with caramel on top. YUM!!!

No comments: