Sunday, April 11, 2010

Lazy Day and Stake Conference

Today was kind of weird for me. Jess and I woke up around 9 a.m. . . . and didn't have to do anything. I went in her room and we talked for a bit, and both of us had no idea what to do with ourselves since church didn't start until 3. So we decided to laze around. We had a birthday lunch to go to at 1, but until then, we were free. So we dinked around on the computer, looked up stuff on the internet, and I rediscovered my love for the Hallelujah Chorus from Handel's "Messiah". Jessie showed me the version that she wanted to download on iTunes, and I decided to just see if there was a version on YouTube that I liked. I prefer it sung quickly and loudly. This is a little fast, but close to what I like:


This song rattles your bones and sings to your soul! While Jessie was in the shower, I turned this up full blast on my computer and just sat back with my eyes closed. I had my heart in my throat, goosebumps on my arms, chills going up and down my back, and the music just rolled over me and filled my ears. I got a little emotional, I'm not going to lie! This is a piece to inspire.
Anyways,
We went to a lunch for our visiting teacher on her birthday and had a blast just hanging out with some ward members. It was a gorgeous day, so the windows were open and a breeze was coming in. Smiling, laughing, eating, talking, gorgeous day, can it get better?
Oh, yes.
Stake Conference was a great meeting today. Even though they split our ward and took some of my favorite people for the new ward, I think this will be good. A smaller ward = getting to know people better. At least, I hope.
After Stake Conference we had some people over for a rousing game of Fireball Island. This game's notoriety is quickly growing in our ward. We sent out a text to about 14 people, expecting to have maybe 8 or so, but EVERYONE showed up! Our kitchen table was crowded! It was a great time, and a great way to end the night. We even had people come up to us at ward prayer and ask if they could come to play a game next Sunday. Ha! The fever is spreading . . .

2 comments:

lilshep said...

this is my favorite version :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCFCeJTEzNU teehee

Lisa said...

My Mom sent me that version and I think it is HILARIOUS! I was laughing out loud while I watched it. Just one of the ways I know I'm getting old. :)