Wednesday, April 21, 2010

ASHLEY'S BIRTHDAY!


Today my sister Ashley is celebrating her birthday! Girl, I can tell you that there has been several times in the last few years that I don't know how our family ever got along without you, or even how I got along without you! :) I hope you have a great day filled with fun and laughter. Jess and I want to come visit soon so we can party!

Anyways, to demonstrate how amazing Ashley is, here is a little list of fun facts that you may not know about this awesome woman:
1. She can pretty much whip up any kind of dinner you'd like, improvising with the ingredients she has. Plus she can make it milk-safe for Braden. It's true. I have seen her do this. She has magical powers.
2. Ashley loves her family more than anything in the world (except maybe motorcycles). She has come to the rescue of several family members many a time, and will drop anything she is doing to help. I have seen this first-hand a few times in the last two years!
3. She is an incredible example and mom to her kids. When I babysit Braden and Addie, I am in a constant state of wonderment at how a two-year old and a nine-month old can behave they way these kids do. They are angels, and it's because Kyle and Ashley made them that way.
3. Ashley can sport the short OR long hair-do! Not many women can pull both off, but this lady looks amazing with either style.
4. Ashley can name ANY kind of motorcycle out there. And she is teaching Braden to identify them as well. What a rockstar.
5. She is a very "crafty" woman. In both senses of the word! She can plan some great surprises and keep the secret so you don't suspect a thing, AND she can make some amazing things! Check out her latest craft, Trin was lucky enough to get one for her birthday.It's a cute little bow holder. It is so adorable!
6. Ashley is getting to be quite the accomplished photographer! She took some cute pictures over Easter while we were at her parent's house. This is my faveCHECK OUT THEM SKILLS!

I love you, Ash. I am so grateful for the addition you are to our family. And I will be eternally grateful for the pep talk you gave me two years ago when I was taking out my endowments. I don't think you will ever understand how much that meant to me, but I couldn't love you more.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

We're busy Friday and Saturday night, but you're welcome to come over tonight and chill.
I'm just glad you didn't give up. I flew all the way out there for you to go through the temple, no way was I letting a little water stop you!

Katrina said...

What a cute post for your sister! you're sweet!

So...are you still in provo? When are you taking off?!! It'd be fun to see you again before you did...but if not--good luck with everything! :)