Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools Day!

You know, even as a kid April first was just a day when I could be a little more mischievous than normal. In fourth grade I pretended to have a twisted ankle and was on crutches, the other years consisted of a few little pranks here and there. Putting a rubberband on the sink sprayer seemed to be our favorite prank as kids.

Today I witnessed an office-full of twenty-somethings turn into elementary school kids. It all started out this morning when my boss, Loren, came in and asked me to go over the reports I had printed off earlier. He told me he had found a mistake in them and I needed to audit them. So I started going over them. On the third, fifth, and ninth pages, there was a picture of a man on a beach, giving a thumbs up, and wearing nothing more than a skimpy mankini and a smile. It also said "April Fools" across the top. I had to laugh, it completely caught me off guard!

But that was just the beginning . . .

Loren had put a whole bunch of the pics in the copier, so all day we were double checking whatever we printed off and trying to make sure none of the residents got pictures in their print jobs. Pretty hilarious. But Loren and Ceec also decided they needed to fool Blake, so while he was gone at a meeting, they left him a message saying he needed to call a Mr. "Harry Lyon", and the phone number they left was to the zoo. They also stapled fifteen plastic cups together, put them on Blake's chair, and then filled them with water. Thankfully, Blake saw the cups before he pulled out his chair, and he was able to dump the cups in the pool. It didn't create too much of a mess.

Blake, Robert, and Brandon decided to get Loren back a little by stealing his keys to his Tahoe and sabotaging the car a little. They almost broke the key fob, and that would have been so terrible!

Since they were hitting Loren's car, I should have figured that I needed to keep my keys with me, but I though I was safe. I walked out of work and saw that my car was missing! I looked around just a little bit, but couldn't see my car, so I went into the office and asked around. Blake and Loren 'fessed up, and I found out where my car was. Thankfully, nothing else was done to it, but I had to give a smile as I was driving off the property. It was a pretty interesting day, and an April Fools I won't forget any time soon!

No comments: