Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter, Birthday, Sunday, ALL THE ABOVE!

Today was such a great day! After watching the morning session of General Conference (which was amazing by the way), Jess, Vanessa, and I all headed up to Ashley's parents house in Heber. Her parents invited us all to Easter dinner, and I don't usually miss a chance to have some of Lance's brisket! It is making my mouth water just thinking about it. We were able to watch the second session of Conference up there, and then it was FEASTING time! I did a lot of that this weekend. :)

Jess and I brought broccoli salad, seven-layer salad, and two Hershey pies, and the rest of the family brought potato rolls, homemade honey butter, mashed potatoes, brisket, green bean casserole, and veggies! I was good and only ate one plate, but that plate had a little of everything on there. LuAnn even took the time to make these cute little rice krispie treats shaped into a nest, and they had jellybeans in them. It was milk-free for Braden, so that was a cool treat. I also think I ate an entire pound of bacon by myself! Everything we had at the table had bacon on it! Dishes that included bacon: mashed potatoes, broccoli salad, and the seven-layer salad. I tell you what, those Weavers know how to EAT! It made me think of this:

Seriously. Love it. Every word is true!

Today is also a very special day for one Mr. T-Diddy. It's his BERFDAY! I have been very blessed to have this guy be a part of my family. Todd, you have been with us for so long, I can hardly remember when you WEREN'T one of us! Well, all I can say is I will be eternally grateful to you for a multitude of things, but most importantly, for being the one to SHOW me how to pluck my eyebrows! No joke! That skill has helped me so much in the last ten years, and it is one of my favorite memories of you. That, and remembering how Jessie met you for the first time. . . :) Oh, I love it!
I hope you have a FANTASTIC birthday, you are such an asset to our family, and I'm very grateful you decided to put up with us enough to become one of us! Love you!

1 comment:

lilshep said...

We're all grateful that Todd taught you to pluck your eyebrows! ;) teehee.