Friday, April 9, 2010

The FIRST Bonfire Of The Season!

For you Isenbargers reading this, say the title of the post like Mom does at Christmas when she reads "the first gift of Christmas!" line in The Polar Express. Tee hee!

anywho . . .

When I got a text from Bryan saying, "Bonfire?" I went from bored to ecstatic in .02 seconds! Jess and I love bonfires, hence the reason we have roasting sticks, extra firewood, camp chairs, a camp light, tons of blankets, an extra sweatshirt, and a supply of s'mores stuff on hand at ALL times! Usually, Jess carries this stuff around in her trunk so we are able to bonfire-it-up at any time.

Just a few highlights of the evening:
1. Introducing people to s'mores with Reeses Peanut Butter cups instead of Hersheys chocolate. *SO GOOD*
2. All of us going through the checkout at Allen's together, just to have the checker inform us that we WEREN'T the first bonfire group he's seen this season. But he couldn't put a damper on our spirits!
3. Kalli getting the idea to melt a marshmallow on a Samoa Girl Scout Cookie. I'm not a fan of those cookies, but others raved about it.
4. Chowing on Twizzler's Pull-N-Peel. I love that stuff.
5. Jessica and I telling a joke that we thought was funny, but others didn't. Whoops.
6. Changing bonfire sites, and instead of putting the small fire out at our old site, David and Jessica decided to carry the half-lit logs around, not wasting any of our wood. Yeah. Jessica carrying fire around = hilarious!
7. Getting to snuggle into a camp chair, wrapped in a blanket, while burning my front side since I was so close to the fire.
8. Making some new friends in the ward. I always love that!

A five hour bonfire. What a GREAT start to the weekend. :)

1 comment:

lilshep said...

why I haven't tried the peanut butter cup s'mores?!?