Thursday, March 18, 2010

Story Time- Customer Service Is NOT Dead!


I know this is a weird thing to post about, but this is kind of my journal, so bear with me. Sometimes its good to reflect on the tender mercies of the Lord that are shown through the more menial things in our lives. This post is about two kinds of customer service- enjoy!

Any more these days, when I go to stores or offices around town, I have really low expectations on how I'm going to be treated. I feel that the level of customer service has sunk really low in our society. The mentality isn't "How can I help this person, and dazzle them with how far I go above and beyond for them", so much as "How can I get them the heck out of my office as quickly as possible so I can get to the next person". A customer is business, and needs to be catered to in order for them to keep using that service. I shouldn't be surprised by receiving great customer service, I should expect it and get it.

Okay, rant over.

I am trying to save money in order to quit my job and go back to school. This is really hard considering all the bills I have to pay right now, so any money saved is precious. When I found a crack in my windshield, I could see the dollar signs before my eyes. After calling and bidding out the work, no one would do it for under $250. I have a special tint on my windshield that made it uber expensive to replace, apparently. Then I randomly felt like I should stop by a place called Technaglass on my lunch break. Random, I know. When the nice man said, "I can do it for $170 plus tax", my mouth fell open and I made an appointment on the spot! I was extremely excited that I could get my windshield replaced and be able to not dip into my savings.

My appointment turned out to be what made me SO grateful that customer service is NOT dead! The guys welcomed me to the shop, helped me get situated, got me a drink, gave me a status report halfway through, wiped down the interior of my car, vacuumed my car, and then gave me an additional $25 bucks off the work.

GRAND TOTAL= $152.96

I wanted to give the guy a tip for such great service, but he wouldn't hear of it. He just thanked me for my business, and explained all the extras that he includes with windshield replacements- warranties and things like that. He was super friendly and wonderful to work with.

This experience also made me think of the "customer service" Heavenly Father gives us. He knew I needed work done on my car for cheap, knew I was saving money for college, and provided accordingly. I really think that He is watching out for me and trying to provide me with the best "customer service" he can. Thank goodness I have Him on my team! What a great and wonderful blessing.

2 comments:

Craig said...

I love this post, and how you connected it so well to the spiritual aspect of it! xo

Craig said...

What?? For some reason it says Dad posted that comment. It's me!!
xo Mom