Friday, March 5, 2010

Origato, Ladies!

This weekend I am road-trippin' with some lovelies from my ward. Mindy, a friend from Omaha, came out to visit for a week, and we decided to head down south for a bit. On the drive down, ----------------> Jessie noticed her glasses were broken, and I decided I had the perfect solution . . . GUM! This is the result of my hard work. Nice. This picture also spawned the weekend-long joke of pictures looking like tourists. We decided to throw the peace signs all weekend long. And it was something we never got tired of doing!

Our first stop was the St. George Temple, where Hannah, Heidi, and Mindy did baptisms, while Jessie and I did a session. We were running a little late, so we jumped out of the car as soon as we could, and raced to get changed so we could get in the session. It was such a gorgeous temple, though, we had to stop and get a few pictures. Look at how amazing this place is! <-------------------- As you probably would expect, the baptistry was completely empty, since it was date night for teenagers, but the session waiting room was completely PACKED because of the same reason- date night! Jess and I managed to sneak into the session, while half the people in the waiting room had to wait for the next one. The rooms were gorgeous, and I loved the fact that we were in a jam-packed room with so many others who were wanting to do the same thing, learn and improve. The St. George temple also holds a special place in my heart now because it was the first time I was able to do and say everything WITHOUT any help! It took over a year, but I now have everything down! Woo hoo!

We headed to the Brick Oven for dinner afterward and we had a few more opportunities to look even more like tourists. ------> We all were ravenously hungry, so we wasted no time in ordering and running to the salad bar. If you have never been to Brick Oven, make SURE to get their salad bar- one of the best I have ever been to! LOVE IT! Jessie was also able to throw a few more peace signs to complement our meal. GO USA!!!
<--------------------------- After a rousing time/meal, we all crashed and decided it was time to call it a night. You could literally see each of us hit a wall and start to get really sleepy. It was pretty funny. But as Jess and I were walking out of the restaurant, we saw the motor home that we will be purchasing in our old age. For those of you that don't know, Jess and I are going to hold down the single status for a long time! We decided that we will be the ladies that tailgate with their favorite college team and follow them to all their basketball and football games. We will even have a hot tub and grass- we've planned it all out. Ladies and gentlemen, I present our dream home . . . Watch out, Lisa and Jessie will be ruling the road with this one!

No comments: