Friday, March 26, 2010

Les Miserables and High School Musical Combine!

Tonight a bunch of ladies from the ward went to see Les Miserables at a local theater. It was featuring an all-high school cast, so I thought it would be a little shaky. Some of those songs are really difficult!
I also was spoiled the one time I saw Les Mis. I was in London last summer and got to see it performed by some of London's finest. That is actually what turned me on to the show- I hate synth in musicals, so I had really looked over the show growing up. When I saw it in London though, I LOVED it!
Anyways, the production turned out pretty well. There were a few moments where I thought I was watching High School Musical, and I think I would have switched some casting, but overall I was impressed. Jess liked it, too. But we also enjoyed sitting next to each other and making comments, like the Isenbarger women do. We rock.
I got chills at the last number, so I looked up the Dream Cast from the 90's on YouTube. This is how I like musicals- loud, emotional, strong, and full. Amazing.

No comments: