Saturday, March 13, 2010

Rugby and Volleyball

It was a GREAT day today. Jess and I headed to a local rugby game with one of our friends, Erick. We endured sleet, snow, rain, freezing rain, blustery winds, and cold during the game, but it was so worth it. Those guys were intense! It was a lot of fun to see them play something they loved so much. I tell you what, though. I don't EVER want to be a rugby player! Those guys have to take some killer hits!
In our attempts to stay warm, we all bundled up in our blankets, trying to keep our ears and noses from freezing. Erick's positioning of his blanket put some amazing tassels on his forehead, and I knew I had to get a picture!Like I said, amazing. In spite of the fact that we were the only white people there and we were freezing, I had a fantastic time and can't wait to see another game next Saturday! Woo hoo!

After lunch and hot chocolate at Denny's, we lazed around and watched a movie (Erick got to pick, and out of all the movies I own, he picked Ewoks: the Battle For Endor. No joke.), while chatting and having a great time. We even watched a little of America's Best Dance Crew, and got to see an incredible number. Check out what these guys did to the Lady Gaga song "Bad Romance". It's pretty amazing.


Really. This group choreographed their own dance. I am completely blown away! We were all open-mouthed by the time it got done!

Three hours of volleyball topped off the night, and I can tell I am going to be sore! I took a few good spills and dives, so I know I will be hurting. Let's just hope it's not too bad that I can't move. :) Gosh, how I love that sport.

No comments: