Friday, February 12, 2010

MY FAMILY IS FRICKIN' MARRIAGE CRAZY!

Curt and Cole do everything together. In elementary school it was recess and swim team, riding bikes and paper routes. They shared a room all through their childhood, shared a car in their teenage years, and shared the same interests: sports, music, and girls.

But I think they may have taken this one a little too far. THEY GOT ENGAGED A DAY APART! As we were celebrating Cole & Emily's wonderful news of their engagement, Curt was flying out to Utah for Valentine's weekend, and a little visit with his family and sweetie.

Just a few hints that Curt was going to pop the question:
1. He told me over Christmas that Vanessa was "it" for him. What a cutie!
2. He had me put a very mushy and romantic message on the roses that I sneaked into her room for her birthday.
3. He told me I had "no idea how head over heels" he was for her when I called him out on said message.
4. He missed his flight on Friday morning, and instead of waiting for the afternoon flight, he purchased a SECOND ticket to get to Utah faster!

I tell you, Jess and I were buzzing over this! Curt wasted no time, and the first night he was here, he proposed. I got a few texts from Vanessa before the family breakfast we had at Kyle & Ashley's, and I knew they had gone and gotten engaged!

I love my family, but this is going to be one HECK of a summer- two weddings and a baby! Oh, dear . . . Congrats, you two crazy lovebirds!

8 comments:

Curt said...

I cannot tell you how happy I was to see the correct conjugation of 'to sneak' in this post.

Luh yu duh motet.

Lisa said...

Are you making fun of me?!

Punk.

:)

NOOOOOO! I luh yu!

Curt said...

No, I'm being serious!

Luh yu duh motet, duh motet!

Katrina said...

Congrats! That's cute! :) I have a friend whose brothers did the exact same thing! :) So then another brother decided to pretend he was getting engaged too...just to bug their mom! :) She flipped but then was all good again after he told her the truth! :)

Have a fun summer with all those weddings! :)

(PS I'm gonna follow your blog now...that okay?!!) :) Miss ya girl!

Becca said...

That is one crazy summer! How exciting!

Lisa said...

Yay! Good to see you two ladies on here! I warn you, though, there will be some times when I go for a few weeks of internet silence, but hang in there, I will always come back!

[S Rizzle] said...

WAIT. Who is having a baby in the family?

Lisa said...

Kristin is having a little girl! She and Chad are due in July, I think.