Thursday, February 11, 2010

Emily Anne & Dat Dragon

So, it's been months and there have been a few things happen in my life that are pretty important. This was the news I finally decided to get off my butt and actually blog about, though!

COLE & EMILY GOT ENGAGED!

It's really a funny story. Last night, I was in bed and trying to go to sleep when my phone beeped, saying I had a message. I was a little irritated, because people know they can't text me that late, so I grabbed my phone fully expecting it to be something stupid. Instead, I saw that it was from Cole, so I opened my phone and it was this:

No message, no smiley emoticon, no following text, just this. So of course I get crazy excited and call him right away! He didn't answer the first time, so I kept trying back and he finally answered. We chatted a little about it, and decided Jess needed to be in on the action, so I went into her room and woke her up from her TylenolPM stupor. She and I talked with Cole for a few minutes and got the details, apparently Cole proposed to Emily on the ice at the University Armory in Champaign. Luckily, one of Cole's high school friends hid in the bleachers and got a video of the proposal. That is definitely something I want to check out! Cole sang a song to her and asked her to marry him. What a goober!

Well, welcome to the family, Emily. You have pretty much been an unofficial member of the family for so long, but now I can call you "Aunt Emily" without Cole getting worked up! You two are the cutest. Love you both.

2 comments:

Cole said...

nice crappy cell phone picture...sorry about that...

Lisa said...

No way! It turned out just great. It was a good way to wake me up that night. I'm glad you actually look at my blog, too!