Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Desk- Day 1

I am putting my massive desk together- BY MYSELF! I'm going to do it. I started around 10 at night, and after taking all the pieces out and setting them up according to letter, I realized that there were a million pieces to this thing! I had pieces A- F1. Yeah. They ran out of letters for the amount of pieces there were, and STARTED THE ALPHABET AGAIN!!! I knew I was in trouble. Here are the pieces that I could fit into my camera screen. There are more around the corner, and more by my feet. It was ridiculous.Oh, and after I had unloaded all the pieces, taken the packaging off of them, ordered them, and put all the garbage into the original box, I found out that THE INSTRUCTIONS WERE MISSING!!! I got into a little bit of a panic, and started rifling through all the pieces. It wasn't stuck to any of them. So I looked around my room- no luck, either. Then I look at the HUGE box the desk came in that I had stuffed all the packing material and plastic in. I just felt that the instructions were in there. So I took everything out, and lo and behold . . .Just my luck. And the box is so long, I can't reach in and get them. I had to pul on of the desk pieces out and use that to knock the instructions loose and slide them toward me. At that point I wanted to call it a night, but NO! I am able to do this!

This is how far I got that night before reality hit me, it was 1 am, and I was stuck.
Yeah. Just the hutch was done. And that took me almost 2 hours. This is going to be quite the operation . . .

No comments: