Friday, December 11, 2009

Yay for family!

Tonight I got to babysit Braden and Addie with Jessica. Kyle & Ash haven't been on an all-night date for a loooooonnnnngggggg time, so when they asked Jess and I to babysit, we jumped on it! I headed over after work, and got to spend some real quality time with the kids. Braden watched "The Berenstain Bears' Christmas Tree" for the first time all the way through with us! That is a family tradition, so it was a lot of fun to pass it down to yet another generation. He was enthralled, and Jess and I even sang some of the songs for him.

Bedtime was surprisingly great! Both kids went down without too much of a fight, even though Jessie went up an hour later and Braden was just laying on his bed, and started talking to her. He's cute. Anyway, I read Caps For Sale to Braden, and he insisted that I lay down next to him as I read. It was a great feeling to have him snuggled up next to me and reading along with me. I sure do love that little guy.

Addie had had a nap a little earlier, so I didn't think we would be able to get her to bed so early, but all it took was some walking and bouncing as I paced the dark hallway upstairs. It was cool to see her start to calm down, then hear her breathing slow, and her start to make those little sleep noises she makes. I wanted to make sure she was really out, so I paced another five or so minutes, and she went down without a fuss.

Now, I KNOW that it isn't always that easy to get kids to bed, but I sure think that Addie and Braden are two of the easiest kids to work with. Oh, they are angels! Thanks for letting us babysit, Kyle & Ash!

No comments: