Monday, December 14, 2009

Rockin' Rudolph FHE!

Tonight Jess and I hosted FHE, and Jessie put most of it together. She planned a great activity- watching Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer while making scenes from the movie using sugar cookies. Mom gave us sets of cookie cutters from the movie last year, so Jess put them to good use! We weren't able to do the bottom parts so the cookies could stand up, but they still turned out great!

I have to admit, though, I was sincerely SHOCKED by how many people had not seen Rudolph! A lot of people had heard the story, but more than half had not seen the movie, and Jess and I could not believe it! We grew up with the claymation movie being a tradition in our household. Mom and Dad, thank you for educating us on the wonderful world of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer!

I was busy making frosting and cleaning up, so I didn't get to decorate cookies until almost the very end. I tried to do Yukon Cornelius, but this is how it turned out:
Yeah, not so much. But I tried. We had an Abominable Snowmonster, several Rudolph's, and Herbie the Elf. Jess even attempted a Clarice. Overall, it was just a fun night, and the cookies turned out great!

No comments: