Thursday, May 6, 2010

Patriarchal Blessing

Tonight for my scripture study time I decided to look at my Patriarchal blessing.  I haven't looked at it for awhile, and I had forgotten a few things.  Additionally, I saw a few details that I have missed in previous times of reading it!

All I can say is that I am SO grateful to have that blessing to help guide my life.  It gives me something to strive for- I REALLY want the blessings promised to me.  If I am faithful and true, I will receive all of the blessings.  I have gotten some of them already, and it's fun to pick them out and see how they have fit into my life.

I know that Patriarch Hammond was speaking for God when he gave me my blessing.  I felt the love of the Lord, and the love of my patriarch.  I can still remember the prickles running up my spine as some of the words were spoken.  The Lord loves each of his children, NO EXCEPTIONS.  He gives us wonderful tools like the scriptures, prophets, temples, and blessings to remind us of his love.  If we only use them, we can feel His love so much more.

I really needed to read that blessing.  Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the prompting!

No comments: