Saturday, May 1, 2010

6 Down, 7 left in Temple Tour 2010!

So Jess and I hit up the Oquirrh Mountain temple today. We went to a session in the early afternoon, and I couldn't stop marveling at the rooms we were in! All of them had so much attention to detail and decor to make them unique. This temple is also special because our whole family (that was able to, Cole was on his mission) was able to go to the open house this last summer. I loved the layout of the temple then, but going through a session gave me the opportunity to see the rooms while I was performing temple ordinances. I don't know if I can explain it, but it was different. I think that this might be my favorite Utah temple. It was gorgeous!

So that means that we have been to the Salt Lake, Provo, Mt. Timpanogos, Draper, St. George, and Oquirrh Mountain temples. The ones we have left are Logan, Ogden, Monticello, Bountiful, Manti, Vernal, & Jordan River.

We had some random guy take our pics outside of the temple when it wasn't raining, and headed to Olive Garden for lunch. We gorged ourselves on soup, salad, and breadsticks, and then asked our server to box up our barely-touched dinners. We had something for later! Woot! Once we got home we both decided we wanted it to be a low-key evening, so we popped in "Heart & Souls" with Robert Downey Jr. I'd forgotten how much I love that movie! And now it's early to bed since we have church at 9:30 a.m. Have a good night!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

That's the best thing to do at Olive Garden! :)

How fun to hit all the Utah temples! I've lived here almost my whole life and still haven't done that yet. :) Maybe that should be my summer project! :) (Thanks for the idea!) :)

When do you leave for Indiana?!

vanessajo said...

You two are absolutely beautiful. I love that picture of you.

Lisa said...

Katrina, you should do it! It's kind of far with the Monticello and Vernal temples, but if you go camping one weekend, head there!
I'm actually not moving to Indiana. The job there fell through over a year ago. Is that what you're talking about?

Lisa said...

P.s. Thanks, VJo. You are too cute!