Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My first day of Institute (sounds like the first day of school!)

Tonight Jess and I decided to head to our Stake Institute class.  We figured that it was about time we started to go.  We are studying the Pearl of Great Price, and I am pretty stoked to get started!  I don't know a ton about the Pearl of Great Price except what we read in classes at church, scripture mastery scriptures, etc.  I just have never really tried diving into this one.

The teachers got me pretty excited for this class.  I think that they both are the type of people that know a lot, but like to hear from those in the class- making it more like a discussion.  Woo hoo!  Doesn't mean I will ever participate (I'm shy in big groups like that!), but I think it is more fun to hear other people's insights and comments.  Yay for Institute!

Afterward I headed out to TGI Fridays to meet my friend, Rachel.  We haven't talked for a long time, and it was really nice to catch up.  In fact, we were some of the LAST people out of the restaurant!  We even sat in my car for awhile and talked.  I enjoyed hearing her stories.  Rachel is an extremely passionate person, and it was funny seeing that come out . . . about the movie "How To Train Your Dragon"!  She is adamant that it is the BEST movie.  I love it!

No comments: