Saturday, October 31, 2009

This is Halloween, everybody make a scene!


Today was one of my favorite Halloweens EVER!!! I had a jam-packed day, but I'm glad of it. Jessie came with me to get my costume. I have been gone, so I didn't really have a chance o make or come up with a clever costume. Jessie made the suggestion to go to the Scera theater and see if I could rent anything from their costume department. I have a huge wrap on my hand and arm, so I was having a hard time coming up with any ideas. Jessie came up with a winner: a pirate wench. That way my arm could be part of the costume! We got everything I needed, and a tutu for Jessie's "tooth fairy" costume. Total to rent both of our things:$15. That's it! I was so excited that we got such great costumes at killer prices!
After getting the costumes settled, we headed to Kyle & Ashley's to build a haunted gingerbread house with Braden. Check it out:

Braden loved the black icing and the black jellybeans. Can you tell? (Look for the black ring around his mouth)

While we were keeping Braden occupied, Kyle and Ash tried to carve their pumpkins. Braden didn't like how slimy the pumpkins were, so he mostly stuck to decorating the house. Check out how good of a multi-tasker Ashley is. Addie needed to be rocked, but Ash kept carving!
Kyle and Ash weren't able to finish their pumpkins because the rest of the family came over with $.50 CORNDOGS! Sonic was running a holiday special. I hadn't had corndogs in so long, and they tasted so good!
After dinner, Kyle, Ash, Braden, & Addie got in their costumes so they could go trick or treating in their neighborhood. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you BYU's top athletes:
BYU football coach Kyle "Bronco Mendenhall" Isenbarger, star BYU baseball player Braden "Quick Glove" Isenbarger, track phenom Ashley "The Flash" Isenbarger, and head cheerleader Adelaide "Sweet Cheeks" Isenbarger! Who knew there was so much athletic talent in the family?

So we went out with Braden to a few homes. It was one of the best times I've had with them, it was so much fun to watch Braden go up to the doors and try to say "trick or treat!" And their neighbors really delivered- one house even put up black tarps around it so you couldn't see what was coming. They had three different teenage guys dressed up as statues and they jumped out to scare you! So fun.
Jess and I had to leave early so we could get ready for our stake dance, which was being held in a barn in Payson. We had some pretty great costumes, people! The dance was a blast, and they had hay rides for those who needed a break. Most of the time was spent gettin' down on the dance floor, but I did get a chance to go on one ride. So fun! And one of the best things about the party is that there were hardly any immodest costumes! If anything, the guys were less modest than the girls. But it was a great night and my best Halloween yet!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the nicknames!!!

Lisa said...

Yay! I was hoping you would. That was such a fun day!