Monday, October 5, 2009

Meeting new people is fun to do. Fun to do. To do, to do!

Tonight was kind of crazy, but it was a lot of fun. Jess and I got some people together to go watch our ward softball team compete in the semi-finals. We all got bundled up- I pulled out my winter coat- and headed to the field for an 8 o'clock game. . . except no one was there. As it turns out, the game was an hour before, so we missed it! Dang it!

Well, we decided to get some softball in our systems anyway, so we watched another game. And had no idea who we were rooting for! It was pretty amazing with 8 people bundled under blankets, watching children run around in bare feet, or jump on bleachers, seeing people get hit with the ball, cheering for both teams, you know.

After rocking out to the radio on the way home, we decided we were too wired to go to sleep, so a bunch of us congregated at Matt's house for a showing of . . . wait for it . . . WILLOW! Being "old folk", we talked and joked through the movie about the 'good old days' and how we watched Willow all through our childhoods. I don't think I have laughed that hard for a VERY long time!

Let me leave you with a shout out to my girl, Aubrey, who came up with the quote of the night, "It takes that long to do the stupid ritual?! Oh wait, I forgot they have to MARINATE the baby!" Oh I love it!

No comments: