Sunday, October 4, 2009

General Conference

This is the best weekend of the whole year. Well, the two of them since Conference is semi-annual. Anyway, I had an amazing time watching Conference this weekend. There were a lot of talks given with the power of the Holy Ghost, with love, with blunt language . . . in short, it was PERFECT! Elder Holland's boldness especially floored me. He is an amazing man and is not afraid to take on difficult topics, or speak candidly! Love him.

I had to run the Conference lunch at Branbury, so I missed most of the morning session on Saturday, but Jessie recommended that I check out the MoTab singing "Come, Come Ye Saints" when I got a chance. Oh. My. Gosh. Tears streaming down my face by the time I was done watching. Mack Wilberg certainly knows how to work a choir. He knows their strengths, their weaknesses, and how to manipulate the music to make them tug at your heart! What a blessed man. If you haven't watched it or can't remember it, they have a video streaming on lds.org. So great!

I have to say that my most favorite part of the weekend was not actually related to a specific talk or song, it was the surprise I got when I looked in my email before the Saturday afternoon session and saw the sweetest note from my Mom. I once again teared up and cried a little. It was so wonderful. Thanks, Mom. I love you so much!

What an amazingly uplifting weekend. :)

1 comment:

Lynn Isenbarger said...

Love you, too, sweetie!! xoxoxoxoxox