Friday, February 13, 2009

Fireball Island Fiasco

Well, the law has finally caught up with me. And Fireball Island was my undoing. It all shook down like this . . .

Anne finished taking the GMAT tonight and wanted to do a victory dance. We called over a few friends for a good game of Fireball Island and treats. The game got a little intense so we opened the kitchen window to let some fresh air in. And the one's kept getting rolled so the game kept going on and on and got more intense. We were shouting and jumping up and down.

Apparently, the open kitchen window and the noise coming from our apartment disturbed some neighbors. At the same time, there was a rousing party going on down in 113.

The next day I got a call at work . . . from the Provo Police Department. One of their officers talked to me about how they had gotten a call from someone talking about "excessive noise coming from an apartment last night". Confusing 311 (my apartment) with 113, they had stopped by our apartment, and had heard us playing through the door. They knocked, but we were having such a good time we didn't hear. He also said that he didn't think the noise was excessive, so he knew it had to be 113 the person had called on. After telling me all this, and me freaking out just a bit, he added, "Fireball Island is a great game. Played it as a kid." Wow. That game gets everywhere!

2 comments:

Curt said...

lololoLOLOLOLololol>
Wish I was there with you playing. I would have had those police breaking down the door the way I play. Definitely would have trumped that party.

Lisa said...

Yeah, YOU WISH!!!

It was a crazy night. Who knew that college kids could love that game so much?!