Sunday, July 11, 2010

Pioneers

Tonight was the Stake Musical Fireside, and the topic was all about pioneers. There were four different individuals that had converted to the Gospel that got up and bore their testimonies. It was a pretty touching experience. We heard each of their different struggles and how they came to the church. I'll admit, there were a couple of different times where I got a little misty.

One gentleman pointed out that everyone has pioneer heritage, it just might not have been during the time of the actual trek west. He invited us to think about the pioneers in our lives and see how they have influenced us.

My pioneer heritage started with my Mom and Dad. They both converted to the Gospel and committed their entire lives to living its principles. And I know that has made all the difference. I can't even count how many people have told me that I am lucky to have the parents I have, as if I'm not already aware of that! :)

Mom and Dad, thanks so much for doing what you did. You stuck with your convictions and raised an amazing family. You have been trailblazers for all your kids, and I'm glad to have your examples to draw from. LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm glad he pointed that out. Growing up I always hated the pioneer days activities- they often made converts feel left out or not as important.