Friday, July 23, 2010

I am a world record holder!



Today at BYU, they had the Cougar Cooldown, which was essentially BYU attempting to break the world record for largest water balloon fight.  Jessica, Kyle, and I all went to the fight, and we partied it up Isenbarger style- being loud, dancing all around, cheesing it for pictures and videos, partying it up with Cosmo the Cougar, and grabbing a local celebrity newsman- Big Buddha for a photo op.  He was busy, but we convinced him to take a quick picture with our group.  However, Kyle then closed his phone without saving the picture (I think that also qualifies as 'Isenbarger style')!  :)  Love you, Kyle!

We all were on the Orange & Blue (like that, Mom?) team, and we were throwing balloons at the Pink & Green team across the way.  After grabbing plastic bags filled with water balloons, Jessie led us up to the front of the line and right in the middle.  We had a great view of everything going on, and I tell you, we were READY!!!  We had to wait a few minutes for everyone to get balloons and get ready, and then the INSANITY BEGAN!  I was pelted so hard with water balloons that I was throwing them blindly.  A lot of balloons hit the ground and didn't break right away, so we lobbed any extra ammo right back at the Pink & Green team.  Jessica got her sunglasses knocked off three times, I got hit in the face twice, and we couldn't see a darn thing.  IT WAS GREAT!

Here is the three of us after all was said and done.  We were absolutely soaked!  Sorry about the poor quality, I didn't want to risk my camera getting ruined.  Nevertheless, I hope you can tell that we are wet to the bone.

So here are the stats:

Previous record held by Kentucky University: 119,000 water balloons and 3902 people
BYU's record today: 120103 balloons and 3927 people!

Woo hoo!  I have a list of things I would like to do over the course of my life, and break a world record is one of them.  This was a great way to accomplish that goal, too!

No comments: