Tuesday, July 6, 2010

My Closet Reeks

Tonight we had a small get together with a bunch of old friends so Lindz could meet up with them while she is in town (she is leaving for California for 3 weeks on Saturday).  I sent out a text, and was able to get a hold of a few people to come.

Cameron, Skyler, Amanda, Vinny, Kyle, me, and Lindz all spent 2 1/2 hours huddled around a bonfire with s'mores, Twizzler's Pull-N-Peel, Starbursts, and Reese's.  A pretty good haul, I would say.  I'm not kidding you, our topics of conversation contained, but were not limited to:

1. Friends having farting contests with their spouses
2. Embarrassing moments
3. The raccoon that tried to jump on our table and eat our snacks.  Lindz thought it was a cat.  Right.
4. Obama
5. Arizona's immigration laws
6. Prop 8
7. The Proclamation on the Family
8. Obama (again)
9. Funny moments from our pasts
10. Inside jokes- not limited to laughing about what our families would do if we died today

Can I tell you how much I love my friends?!  I had the best time, even though I absolutely REEK of campfire.  Lindz and I stuffed our smelly clothes in my closet and shut the door.  I just opened it to get my PJ's, and was hit by a wall of campfire.  Oh goody.  Guess who is doing laundry tomorrow?

4 comments:

~Amanda F~ said...

I made Lisa's blog! I feel special. I would also like to point out that the only spouses present do not have farting competitions (just burping ones), and also that I, we, also, had a fabulous time hanging out with you guys. Yay for friends!

Lisa said...

Yay, you actually LOOK at my blog! That makes me feel special. And the comments help, too.
Glad you had fun as well. We have to do that more often!

lilshep said...

BOO.

WHEN I SAW SAID CREATURE OUT OF THE CORNER OF MY EYE, YES, MY FIRST ASSUMPTION WAS THAT IT WAS A CAT. BUT HEY! I'M THE ONE WHO YELLED RACCOON!

BOO.

Lisa said...

Well it's MY blog. I remember things how I want to remember them. And I was truthful. You DID think that it was a cat! Nah!