Sunday, January 18, 2009

Rah's Trick Roach

I forgot to mention something from the Star Wars Marathon. Rah (Rachel) was sitting on the floor and kept trying to get me to eat some popcorn. I didn't want any, so I kept refusing. Finally, I adjusted my blanket so I could get up to get a drink, and this popped out of my blanket!
Rah and I started screaming and jumping around- the roach followed everywhere we went! I was screaming and running around, trying to hit it with my shoe. I kept throwing the shoe and the roach would move out of the way! Finally, after about a minute, the roach got trapped in the doorjamb of the pantry, and I shut the door on it. I fully expected to see a ton of guts and roach bits smeared all over the doorjamb. But when I opened the door, the roach was fully intact. I got a little suspicious, and when I looked closer, I saw a very thin clear bit of fishing line attached to the roach. I turned and yelled "RACHEL!!!!!" knowing full well it was her little trick. We both burst into laughter and giggles for the next ten minutes. It was great!