Saturday, January 17, 2009

Nerdy? I DON'T THINK SO!!!!

My feelings in the last 24 hours:

1. The fact that we are having a Star Wars marathon- not feeling nerdy.
2. Being excited for the marathon all day at work (I mean REALLY excited!)- no nerdiness felt.
3. Parking on the couch with tons of treats and blankets- still not feeling nerdy.
4. Having a roomie reject our invitation to join in on the marathon because she had to " . . . ah . . . go to the gym . . ."- nope, nerdy feeling still not there.
5. Humming and singing along to the songs in the movie- not gonna lie, a little nerdy feeling creeping in.
6. Having the pizza delivery man declare that you are "the coolest girls EVER for having a Star Wars marathon" on a Saturday night- OVERWHELMING FEELING OF NERDINESS!!!


Okay, So my friend Rach texted me the other day to timidly ask me if we could have a Star Wars marathon. I had actually been thinking of this very same thing for the last few days, so I jumped at the chance! We scheduled it for tonight, since we both wanted some chill time. I got back from visiting with a friend around 4:30, and we made ourselves comfy- Jollytime Blast O' Butter popcorn, Sour Patch Kids, Dr. Pepper, the works.

After the first two hours we started getting a little hungry. We called Papa Johns and ordered a pizza for delivery. Little did we know that our deliveryman would make us feel ridiculously uncool and bad about ourselves when he freaked out that we were having a Star Wars marathon on a Saturday night. "A Star Wars marathon?! You have to be the coolest girls EVER!" That is a direct quote, people. I think he saw the smile slowly melt from my face.

I am ashamed.

1 comment:

Lynn Isenbarger said...

You are NOT a nerd. Trust me, by way of my daily job, I have a good feel for what constitutes a nerd. ;-D

xo Mom