Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I went under the knife!

Today was the day I got my hand fixed! Jess dropped me off for surgery this morning, and I was a little nervous. I found out that I was going to be completely under during the surgery, and for some reason that made me nervous. I hate needles, and I knew that the needle they would use would be huge! On a side note, it was the first time I had to give a urine sample too, so it was a little weird!

It took me a little while to get into my hospital gown, but finally I was able to get things together and get in bed to get anesthetized. They were really great to me, and I had a FANTASTIC nurse named Janene to help me out and make sure that I was ok. She was amazing!

I got pretty sleepy after I got the anesthetic, so I closed my eyes, but I still felt it when they did a nerve block on my arm so I wouldn't feel pain later on. It was weird because I felt my arm start to twitch and jump around on the table. I also heard the anesthetician tell his nurses to back off the dosage since my arm was flailing around. After that, I just remember waking up in my room with Ashley there. It took me a little while to wake up, but I amazingly felt really good.

The rest of the day was spent in bed and on the couch, but Ash was a life saver! She made me food, got my prescriptions, made sure I was doing ok, and even gave me a whistle to use if I needed something!
Don't judge me, I just came home from surgery! Check out that cast! It was huge! Well, I get to spend the next three days in bed, but I have a feeling that I am going to be sleeping for most of it.

No comments: