Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Watch Out . . . I'm On My Way!

Wednesday's are REALLY long days for me.  I'm up at 7:30, gone at 8:30, and after a full day of class, faculty meeting, work, and more class, I'm usually home by 7:30.  Nice.

It WOULD be a Wednesday when I get my letter from the El Ed department telling me if I got into the program.  It WOULD be a particular Wednesday when I have to come home later that night because of some class stuff I had to do on campus.  I WOULD find out that the letter was in my mailbox FOUR hours before I can go home and look.  Yeah.  Just my luck.

I drove home slightly faster than normal because I was so excited and wanted to get to the mailbox.  I ran through the front door, dropped my bag, grabbed the mail key, and was back out the door in less than 15 seconds.  And YES, I did take a slightly longer route to the mailbox because there were people in my ward right on the way to the mailbox and I didn't want to get distracted and make polite conversation with them.  And YES, I did walk faster than normal to said mailbox.  And YES I was quite out of breath when I got there.  And YES I did rip open the letter and read it right there.

AND YES, I GOT IN!!!!!
Life is good.

No comments: