Saturday, March 5, 2011

Music can touch the soul!

Today I was looking over YouTube for a video that Jess and I have been searching for for years.  I came across this recording of Le Nozze di Figaro, and the chills just started running up and down my spine!  I was playing the very beginning (starting at :28, and going to 1:00), and Jess came in my room and told me that this section of the opera is what made the Marriage of Figaro her very favorite opera.  I have to agree that this is an INCREDIBLE section!  And, I have decided that I have a HUGE crush on Gerald Finley (the Count).  He is the best!


Ohhhh. That crescendo gets me every time! I can't even explain how this part makes me feel! Mozart was truly a musical genius with his works. Check out the harmonies and mix of music in the rest of this act. SO GOOD!

No comments: