Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Park City and the Blind Dog

The Weyman family plus Granny Slash

Today was a little hectic, but SO great because I got to see the Weymans! I left work a little early and headed through the canyon (best drive ever, by the way. That canyon is so gorgeous!) toward Park City. Aunt Sissy, Uncle Ned, Elizabeth, and Robert were all up at the Park City Mountain Resort for their yearly ski excursion.

Since Robert's birthday was just a little while ago, I stopped by Jess' and my favorite place for cupcakes, the Cocoa Bean Cafe, and snagged some of their AMAZING cupcakes. How can you go wrong when some of the flavors are Grasshopper, Better Than Whatever, Death by Chocolate, Snickerdoodle, White Chocolate Raspberry, and Snickers?!
Oh, and by the way, these look small in the picture.  Trust me, they are huge, and you have to eat them with a fork!

After we chatted for just a little bit, we headed out for a delicious dinner at the Blind Dog restaurant.  I had never been, but I can tell you, they had the best creamed spinach I have ever tasted.  Yes, you read that right- creamed spinach!  I was planning on just moving it to the side of my plate, but decided to just give it a try.  I'm not ashamed to admit that I scraped my plate clean of spinach before I ate anything else.

Dinner was just a blast!  Elizabeth and I sometimes had a hard time hearing people on the other side of the table, and when that happened, we just looked at pics on Sissy's camera, laughed, and chatted.  Some of the interesting things to come out at dinner:
  • Sissy and the tale of the 9-foot Christmas tree.  She called home and had Ned measure the ceiling.  When he told her it was 8 feet 4 inches, she just assumed the tree would work anyway.  The pictures of the family in front of a fake tree that has its top squished against the ceiling are hilarious!
  • Elizabeth's habit of mixing up different sayings.  During the telling of a story, she said she was so embarrassed that she was 'beet red as a tomato'.  In true Isenbarger fashion, I pointed out that I was so glad that she wasn't as beet red as a beet- that would have been too red.  We all had a good laugh about that one.
  • Robert forgetting to tell our family that he got engaged.  Elizabeth and I were looking through pics when she pointed out Karen and called her Robert's 'fiance'.  I was a little caught off guard since they were just dating at Curt's wedding last summer.  Apparently Robert had gotten engaged a few months ago and forgot to tell us!  That became the joke of the evening.  Anyone up for a trip to Boston at the beginning of October?
What a fantastic evening!  Even as I was driving home, I kept thinking about how it is such a blessing and privilege to be related to such amazing people.  They are great examples of humility and goodness, and I am so glad I got to spend some time with them.  Love you, Weymans!

No comments: