Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What a crummy week!!!

I just want to stay in bed the rest of the week! Lindz left today. My best friend is headed to Oxford and I'm not going! Gah!

Granny Slash is sick.

I am sick.

I lost a homework assignment that was worth a lot of points.

I have an exam in my music class that is going to kick my trash.

I guess this is the best time to examine the blessings that come from these trials. I don't feel very thankful, but maybe by the end I will. Hmmm.
1. Lindz left- she's getting an amazing opportunity and this is something she has worked SO hard for! Plus, she's going to be so marketable in the job field when she gets back!
2. Granny Slash is sick- her sickness is not NEARLY as bad as we thought it was. And she's going to be able to leave the hospital in a few days. And she has a ton of family around to take care of her.
3. I am sick- The worst days seem to be over. That was Sunday- Tuesday. Sinus headache mixed with congestion mixed with aches. Now it's just a cough and congestion.
4. I lost my homework- the professor is being really nice and allowing me to do it again and only take a few points off.
5. My music exam- After it is all done, I don't have another exam for two weeks! Two weeks of semi-relaxation!

Okay, so I don't feel a ton better, but I'm working on it. And I do feel a little less stressed- the list seems to make the things I have to do a little less major and stressful. Hmm.

1 comment:

Lachelle said...

Sorry to hear things are going so crummy right now, but good for you for looking for the positive in things... well, at least trying ;) If it makes you feel any better, all of us have had that nasty cold too. Gavin's even came with a double ear infection! Have you tried Mucinex... that's what worked for us. Good luck on your test, and I hope you keep feeling a little better each day.