Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Braden's 1st Birthday!

Tonight was a party for Braden's first birthday! Woo hoo! Kyle and Ashley put on a great party- there was a family dinner where Kyle grilled cheeseburgers on his new grill, SO YUMMY! Dad, you taught him well.
Here is Braden playing with the rings I got him. I also got him a firetruck that makes sounds, but I think he liked the rings best. When we went to Indiana over the summer, he had a blast with those dang things, so I thought it was a pretty safe bet for a gift! Woo hoo! He loved them!

I am the best aunt ever! I swallowed my detestation for feet, and read "The Foot Book" to Braden. Well, he got bored after half a page. I'm not too sad about that. Why, WHY would someone write a book about feet?! That's gross!!!!
That's my nephew!! He demolished his birthday cake in a matter of minutes. Awesome! He had the biggest mess all over his shirt and face. He even smelled like frosting for a long time afterward.

I'm really glad I live so close to Kyle and Ashley so I can take part in this kind of thing. With Trinity and JC, they lived a long way away, so I missed out on things like birthdays, and practicing how to walk, and trying foods for the first time. Thankfully I don't miss out on all the good stuff now!

2 comments:

Lynn Isenbarger said...

He LOVED those rings when he visited our house this summer - I wondered who was smart and had gotten him his own set! You're a good aunt, Lise!! xo Mom

M.R. Weaver said...

At one point I had the book memorized.
Yeah. I was a special child. X3