Monday, May 12, 2008

Thinking of a VERY special lady!



Mom,

You have always been there for me, and I've been thinking about you a lot. I'm terrible at keeping in touch, but you forgive me. I'm flighty and can't settle on important decisions in life, yet you love me still. Thank you. Here are some of my favorite things about you:
1. Mom is a mother bear- mess with her kids, and you'll actually wish you had run into an actual female bear! Or even a pack of them!
2. Mom has the best laugh ever and she does it a lot! If you really get her going, she ducks her head into her chest, squints her eyes, covers her mouth with her hand, squeaks, and insists she's going to pee her pants (although she never has. I'm working on it though!). LOVE IT!!!
3. Mom is the best in her field! I can't go anywhere in Urbana without hearing how much my mother has influenced so-and-so's child, or how their child's favorite teacher was Mrs. I, or how lucky I am to have such a terrific mother. To which I respond, "Thanks. I've known that for a long time!!!!"
4. Mom makes the best desserts! Lemon merengue pie, Hershey pie, apple crisp, cheesecake, and my MOST favorite- cherry pie!!!
5. Mom cannot sit down for two seconds! I think the only thing that can keep her stationary is Star Wars or Star Trek. She is forever getting up during movies and cleaning, straightening, or taking care of other people. The woman just doesn't stop!
6. Mom makes sure that everyone around her is taken care of. If you are company in the Isenbarger house, you feel like royalty. Mom gives the best she has and more.
7. Mom is the epitome of kindness. She is forever serving those around her and setting an amazing example for everyone she comes in contact with.
8. Mom is so cool! It's a hard thing for a college daughter to admit to her friends that her mom bought the ultra stylish red purse swinging on her arm. And that Mom had one first. Or that Mom is the one who wears that little black dress better than me!
9. Mom is dependable. I know that if I need her, Mom would be in Provo in about 24 hours- or however long it takes the train to get here!! :)
10. Mom is my best friend. There is nothing I could do that would change that. She is my rock, and the best example anyone could ask for. If I turn out to be half of the wonderful lady that she is, I am set for life!

Thank you for all you do Mom. I love you and can't believe how lucky I am to have been born to this family! You really are the best!!!! Kisses!

2 comments:

Lynn Isenbarger said...

The train takes 36 hours, but I would fly for you. :) Thanks for a lovely entry! (Pee my pants????)

Love, Mom xo

[S Rizzle] said...

Lisa this is great.
Yes Mom, you are always saying that! Maybe the 6 kids has something to do with it!