Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Stubborn Me



So Saturday I had a day off and I went out to find a bookshelf for my living room. Found it! The label on the box showed a picture of two people lifting a box with the caption 'team lift' on it.

I scoffed. 'Team lift'? Pffff. who needs two people to lift a bookshelf? It's only 120 ish pounds. I got it from the shelf to my cart okay. It was a lot heavier than I thought, but I did it. I was also able to get it into the car, but my back had a little twinge. I pushed it away and had a friend help me take the shelf upstairs to my apartment. We assembled it and I kept having twinges, but I didn't think it was a big deal.

WRONG!!!

Sunday morning I could not get out of bed for 30 minutes. I even fell when I finally made it out of there. And that is how it has been for the last three days. I've been parked on the couch with my hearing pad and ice. I went to the doctor and he immediately sent me to the physical therapist with two torn ligaments and spasming back muscles.

Physical therapy has been pretty fun, that's the best part of this whole ordeal. Electromagnetic massage therapy, small stretches, and today they had me get into the pool and hot tub. I do feel a lot better after going, but I just can't wait to get back to work!!!! I'm hoping for Friday. . .

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I agree with Lindsey, that picture won't do! I want a picture of the way you walk! :)
Let me know if there's any more I can do! Seriously!!

[S Rizzle] said...

ok- what is it with Isenbargers and back pains? Serious.

Ashley said...

Well, if Isenbargers are known for their backs- I really fit in. . .since I'm coming up on 3 years of my chronic pain