Sunday, August 23, 2009

Temple dedication

Today was the dedication of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It was amazing! Jessie and I got tickets from my bishop in my last ward and we have been looking forward to this dedication for a long time! We ended up going to a local church building that was the Polynesians stake- we were the only white people there! :) The music numbers were so amazing since the men had no fear and really sang out. Jess and I both were amazed at hearing all the parts being sung so beautifully.

President Uchtdorf commented in his remarks that we should all go home and write in our journals about our experience the day. Some of the feelings I had are a little to personal to share on a blog, but what I can say is that I was so moved at the progression of the Lord's work. There is another House of the Lord on this earth that we can go to for worship and learning. I love the temple and am so glad that I have made and kept those sacred covenants. I have so much to learn still, but I am so excited to have a lifetime to discover that knowledge!

No comments: