Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's About Time I Got Some 'Help'!

Tonight was the best night I have had in a bit, and I really needed it!  A few girls in my ward wanted to go see 'The Help'.  I haven't read the book yet, but the previews looked good, and Jess adores the book, so I wanted to see it.  So Andrew and seven of us ladies trucked over to our Cinemark to see the 6:40 show.
I was absolutely hilarious, because anyone who walked into the theater would definitely be able to tell it was a chick flick.  There were groups of ladies sitting together, and I only counted three men in the entire theater (including Andrew).  We even sat behind a group of eight ladies that all came together, and their ages must have spanned two or three generations.  It made me laugh, because that is what my college girlfriends and I will look like in a few years!
Anyway, the movie just captured me from the very start.  I didn't know the characters or their stories, so I found myself wanting to hurry up and see what would happen next.  It was like I wanted to watch the movie at double speed so I could see what happened to everyone.  Halfway through the movie, I knew I wanted, no, NEEDED to read the book!  I kept leaning over to Jess and telling her how good certain parts were, as if she weren't sitting right next to me.  I gasped in shock, laughed, and cried until my 8 squares of toilet paper that I brought along with me were soaked.  I knew I had mascara streaming down my cheeks, but I didn't care.
After the movie was over, I had a craving that wouldn't go away- I wanted chocolate pie.  For all of you that have read the book or seen the movie, you know how crazy that is, but I wanted it.  So I stopped by our local Village Inn, and what do you know?!  It was FREE PIE NIGHT!  I grabbed my slice of French Silk, headed home, went immediately into Jessie's room, and grabbed her copy of 'The Help'.
If you need me, I will be curled up on my bed.  And I may not answer phone calls.  Sorry!

No comments: