Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Family


Today was a great day, but long! It was the ice cream social at work which went well. Kyle and Ashley came over with Braden to hang out, and Kyle got to play some volleyball! He is so good! Well, Ash and I got to chill, play with Braden, and talk. It was so good to just sit and chat for a while. I could feel myself literally relaxing as I just took a moment to stop and breathe. It was great!!!

This post is actually dedicated to my family though. I had a serious conversation with three different groups of people about family and how we were raised. All I can say is- THANK YOU MOM AND DAD! You have raised a wonderful family and I am so thankful for the incredible job you did as parents. I am so lucky to have you in my life. All the little things you did to improve our family as we grew up made such a HUGE difference in the people we turned out to be. Little things like kissing each other after the dinner prayer was said, never letting us leave the house without an "I love you!" coming from one or both parents, hugs and kisses all the time, and the emphasis placed on doing things together as a family. You truly set an amazing example for me to follow and I will cherish that example the rest of my life. I love you.

1 comment:

Craig said...

Having a daughter like you makes it all worthwhile...

Love,
Dad