Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Challah! (That's for you, Jessie) Skip-Bo, and Inside Water Fights


Hey Mom, here's a post for you. I haven't made Challah bread in forever, so I decided to try and remember how. The result was a little disappointing, with Shawn asking, "Is that unleavened bread?" Whatever! Shawn downed two HUGE pieces right before he said that. Okay, so he was kidding, but the bread was pretty flat. I'm kind of bummed since I ruined your good recipe! Well, practice makes perfect. Hopefully the next batch turns out better . . .

So Shawn (one of my friends) came back from Oregon tonight and headed over to my apartment for some good Skip-Bo competition. He heard that I had been on a roll and decided he should be the one to bring me down from my pedestal. Whatever. Our series is tied 2-2, and I was about to win the tie-breaker when he threw a bottle of water on me in my kitchen! It was on from that point, and we both ended up soaked. Too bad I didn't get any pics. We looked pretty good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Challah! Let's use that instead now. Ha ha! I love you@

Lynn Isenbarger said...

I've had my share of flat bread, too (but it always tastes good!)

When that happens, it means it needed to rise a bit longer before baking. Try to give it moe time next time you make it. :)

[S Rizzle] said...

or sometimes my yeast did not get to proof enough.

Lisa said...

Eh. When I actually proofed the yeast, it was going really strong. It actually was getting puffy very quickly. I also let it rise in the oven for a long time, and the dough looked really good. After the I punched it down and made the two loaves. Should I let it rise again at that point?