Saturday, June 30, 2012

An *Early* Graduation Gift!

So . . . Mom got me a horse.

Yup.  You read that right.  Mom.  Got.  Me.  A.  Horse!

I got a text earlier today, and Mom told me that through a couple of different circumstances, she had gotten Hokey from Tim, the man who owns the barn where she keeps Abby.  Just after that first text, I got another one that said, "And actually, I was asking him thinking about YOU.  You just got a horse, sweetie.  Happy graduation!"
I met Hokey earlier this summer when I was out in Indiana visiting Mom and Dad.

I guess Mom really wants me to move out to Indiana when I'm done.  And boy, does she KNOW her audience!  Hokey was one of the horses the family rode when we went out to the barn at Christmas.  He is a big, docile sweetie, and Mom calls him a 'lap dog'.  If you are at a gate, Hokey is right there, wanting to be pet and loved.  The picture above is when I accidentally put him to sleep because I was rubbing his neck.

Hokey will stay at the barn with Abby, and Mom is going to take care of him.  If I do move out to Indiana when I graduate, at least I won't be bored!

2 comments:

Megan said...

You have a horse? Who ARE you?

Lynn Isenbarger said...

Well, not trying to get you to move here per say, but if it happens, you have a barn buddy waiting for you!!