Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mom Gets a New Toy!

She's been thinking about it for years, but Mom took the plunge yesterday and adopted a horse.  She is a beautiful mare that Mom has named Abby.


Abby bears a striking resemblance to one of Mom's favorite horses from her childhood, Amy.  Hence the similar name.  Abby is from a local horse rescue, and was badly malnourished when she was rescued.  Her hooves were extremely overgrown, and she is still recovering from it.

I am so excited Mom has a new 'toy'.  She really thought long and hard about adopting Abby, and this horse is pretty much a dream come true for her.  It has been ages since Mom has had a horse, despite being one of the most avid horse lovers I know!  

Mom, enjoy having Abby.  She is beautiful and I know she couldn't ask for a better owner.  Can't wait to meet her over the summer!

1 comment:

Lynn Isenbarger said...

Awwww... I love this post! Can I copy it onto my horsiemama??

xoxo