Saturday, October 16, 2010

This Is Halloween, This Is Halloween!

Jessica had the great idea to get a bunch of friends together to go on the Heber Creeper Railroad for some Halloween fun.  We have wanted to do that for awhile, so we made a night of it.  After going to Ogden in the morning for a session in the temple (for our Utah Temple Trips 2010!), we came home and frantically started shopping, cleaning, and cooking.  We went to Walmart and split our shopping list between the two of us so we could get our groceries faster.  We were in and out of there in 20 minutes!  I think it was my fastest Walmart trip ever.  After coming home Jessica started throwing together chili, and I cleaned up around the house.  Between the two of us we managed to get everything done before people came.

Quite a few people showed up beforehand for chili and a scary movie, so we had a full house.  I don't normally like chili, but I will say that Jessica's may have converted me.  It wasn't too spicy, and had a good taste.  We also popped in a classic Disney Halloween movie- Watcher In the Woods.  I had never seen it before, but it was so CREEPY!  There were a lot of people who had seen it before, but loved it.  It was gun to see something a little different for Halloween.  Even if it was a little older, it still was a good movie to watch, and you can bet we turned the lights off for it!  There were some jumpy moments, but no one spilled anything on themselves, thank heaven!

After the movie we headed up the Provo Canyon to Vivian Park.  The train was waiting for us, and there were creepy people running about, scaring unsuspecting people. We got on the train (which was decked out with spider webs and black and blue lights), and started our journey.  There was a narrator over the speaker who was telling of some of the scary things that have happened in the canyon over the last hundred years or so, and out the window we would catch sight of some scary things.  We drove past a cannibal camp, a ghost bride, a zombie girl that had fallen down a well, some electrocuted convicts, and an old lady ghost.  Then . . . the train "stopped" working!  By this time, we had moved from an enclosed car to the caboose, which was an open-air car with benches.  We were able to see things a little better from there. 

The group that went to the caboose

While we were waiting for the train to be "fixed", the creepy people came on the train and ran about scaring the passengers.  We saw some of them coming, but one sneaked up behind me and I almost jumped off the train when he spooked me!  My friend Joe managed to grab me, but I was pretty freaked.  Here is a picture of me with the headless spectre. 

You weren't supposed to see me, but the person taking the picture couldn't get a good angle with the poles on the caboose.

All told, the ride was about thirty minutes, but I had a lot of fun.  We were all joking and laughing, and were a little bit cold when we were done!  Here is a picture of the entire group that went:


Like I said, they are a fun bunch.  We headed back to our place for hot chocolate and chatting.  We were laughing like crazies until 1 a.m.!  I'm getting too old to do that, but it was too fun to pass up.  What a great way to kick off Halloween season.

1 comment:

Jeni Girl said...

Hey Lisa!
I emailed you a while back and haven't heard from you. Can you email me your current address and phone number please please please. I really want to get in touch with you! I miss you tons!! my email is jenbenitez@gmail.com