Friday, May 15, 2009

England Trip- the Flight

So here is the first post of the week and a half that I spent traipsing ALL over England! This is going to be backdated so you guys get the full effect.

Thursday was a fantastic day because I went to work and found out that they were making it a shopping day! We had hit a goal for the Spring/Summer leases, and they decided to take us out to the mall. After an awesome brunch at Mimi's Cafe (highly recommend it if you are ever in Utah!), we went to the mall, and I headed out to spend my money.

I bought a few things here and there: makeup at Nordstrom's, shirts at Shade, blah blah blah. But then I was walking past Radio Shack and saw they were having a sale on cameras. Mine is a few years old and starting to really wear down, so I popped in to look at the sale. I FOUND ONE!!! Woo hoo! So now you know why I have 500+ pics from my trip- I had to make good use of my new camera!

I stayed up all night Thursday hoping to exhaust myself to the point where I passed out on the flight to London. It worked. I did cheat and take a nap an hour before I left, but after saying a quick prayer, I headed to the airport. Everything is kind of fuzzy after that! I went through security, and made it right before my flight boarded, so I went to the gate, got on my plane to San Francisco, and I can't remember anything else. I have no idea where I sat, if it was next to anyone, if I drank anything, or how I got off the plane. I have no clue.

In San Francisco I had a little bit of a layover, so I ate a bit and then tried to sleep on the seats- so uncomfortable. When it came time to board the plane, I was a little amazed. I had never seen such a large plane! I was also in the last possible row, right next to the bathroom in the seats that didn't really recline. Surprisingly enough, this didn't really bother me. I had a window seat and was able to crash in the corner. That is pretty much what I did for about 2/3 of the 10.5 hour flight. For the other little bit I got to watch the in-flight movie, Paul Blart: Mall Cop. REALLY FUNNY! I think the older Sri Lankan lady sitting next to me was mad because I let a few loud laughs slip out. Thank you Isenbarger family for giving me one of the loudest laughs ever. I cherish it.

Speaking of my Sri Lankan friend sitting next to me, at one point I guess I leaned too far forward to get something out of my bag and my garments were exposed. As soon as I sat back she asked me, "Why do you wear such weird underwear?". Wow. How's that for forward?!

My flight touched down at Heathrow at 6:55 Saturday morning. Look for my panic attack post coming up next. . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry...maybe I'm stupid. WHERE are these 500+ pictures???

lilshep said...

next update please!